Unfortunately, WhatsApp does not support linking animated GIFs. If you try to send a link to a GIF the link will send properly. In some cases, you may get an inline embedded image, but the preview won’t be animated. In WhatsApp Web, you can’t upload custom GIFs from your computer.
How do I enable GIFs on WhatsApp?
How to use GIFs
- Open WhatsApp.
- Open an individual or group chat.
- Tap Stickers > GIF.
- Next, you can tap: Search search for a specific GIF. Recents to see your recently used GIFs. Favorites to see your favorite or starred GIFs.
- Select and tap the GIF you want to send.
- Tap Send .
Why can’t I send GIFs on WhatsApp iPhone?
Open WhatsApp and navigate to “Chats.” Click on an existing chat, or begin a new one. For iPhone users, tap the “+” icon to the left of the text box. Select “Photo and Video Library.” All of the photos and videos stored on your iPhone camera will appear. Select “GIF” at the bottom left corner.
Why can I not send a GIF?
Unlike the iPhone’s default messaging app, the Android messaging apps don’t contain an in-built app store, and hence you cannot embed third-party GIF keyboards into your default keyboard.
Why are GIFs not working on my iPhone?
The first common tip to solve GIFs not working on iPhone is to disable the Reduce Motion function. This function is designed to limit the screen movement and save the battery life of your phone. However, it normally reduces some functions such as limiting the animated GIFs.
How do you send GIFs on WhatsApp IOS?
Open WhatsApp and then open a conversation. Tap on the “+” icon and select “Photo & Video Library”. Locate the Live Photo you need to send and then press on it. When it pops out, slide upwards and then tap “Select as GIF”.
Why are my GIFs not working on Android?
So, if your Gboard GIF is not working correctly or has stopped working, it could be that your Gboard app needs an update. How To Update The Gboard App? If there is an update pending for Gboard app, you will be able to see it under the Updates tab. To update it, simply tap on the Update icon next to the Gboard app.
How do I enable GIFs on my iPhone?
How to get the iMessage GIF keyboard
- Open Messages and compose a new message or open an existing one.
- Tap the ‘A’ (Apps) icon to the left of the text field.
- If #images don’t pop up first, tap the icon with four bubbles in the bottom left corner.
- Tap on #images to browse, search and choose a GIF.
How do I send a GIF in a text?
How to Text a GIF
- On the GIPHY mobile app, tap on the GIF that you’d like to share. Get the GIPHY App!
- Tap on the Text Message button.
- Your GIF will automatically appear in the Message app on your iPhone or Android.
- Hit send and watch your GIF autoplay in the text thread!
Why are images not loading on my iPhone?
Restart the Messages App
If your Messages/iMessage is not working, #images feature may be influenced. Try force quitting the Messages app and open it again to see if this solves the problem. For iPhone X or later, go to the Home screen and then swipe up from the bottom of your screen.
How do I get GIF to work?
Just find a GIF that you want and press the “copy link” button. Then, paste the link where you want to use your GIF. On most sites, the GIF will work automatically. Use Gboard: The Google Keyboard for Android, iPhone, and iPad has a built-in GIF function that allows you to use GIFs anywhere, even in text messages.
How do I send a GIF on iPhone?
Send and save GIFs on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open Messages, tap , and enter a contact or tap an existing conversation.
- Tap .
- To search for a specific GIF, tap Find images, then enter a keyword, like birthday.
- Tap the GIF to add it to your message.
- Tap to send.