How do I make a simple pattern in Illustrator?
Create your own pattern swatch in 5 easy steps with Illustrator
- Arrange vector elements into a square. Go to View > Show Grid. …
- Position your elements. …
- Create an “invisible box” …
- Drag it into the swatches panel. …
- Voila + save.
How do I make a repeating pattern in Illustrator?
Create the first half of the symmetrical artwork and Illustrator automatically creates the other half for you. To create a mirror repeat, Create the first half of artwork and select using the Selection tool. Choose Object > Repeat > Grid.
Where is the pattern library in Illustrator?
Pattern fills are accessed from the Swatches panel, Window > Swatches. There’s only one pattern in the Swatches panel when you first open Illustrator, but don’t let that fool you. The Swatch Libraries menu is at the bottom of the Swatches panel.
How do I create a pattern in Illustrator 2020?
Open the Pattern Tool
- Select the Selection Tool. The is in the left tool tray—it looks like a black cursor with a white border.
- Click on the object you want your pattern to be comprised of.
- Open the Object menu.
- Go to Pattern then Make.