Getting your photos out of Lightroom is as easy as Shift + Cmd (or Ctrl on a PC) + E or going up to File —> Export. A window pops open, you choose where you want your image to go, plug in your export settings and then it’s time to get your image or images ready for Instagram.
How do you export pictures from Lightroom to Instagram?
Recommendations for exporting in Lightroom
- Sharpen your image first before exporting.
- Use a 4:5 crop.
- Image format: JPEG.
- Quality: 100.
- Color space: sRGB.
- No limit on file size.
- Resize to fit: Width & Height, Don’t enlarge, W = 2160px H = blank.
- Resolution: default, 72 pixels per inch.
Steps for Dialing in Lightroom Export Settings for Instagram and Facebook
- Step 1 – Open the Export Dialog. …
- Step 2 – Select Export Location. …
- Step 3 – Rename the Photos. …
- Step 4 – Choose Your File Settings. …
- Step 5 – Follow Instagram and Facebook Guidelines to Dial In Image Size. …
- Step 6 – Add Sharpening for Online Applications.
How do I export photos from Lightroom?
- Select photos from the Grid view to export. …
- Choose File > Export, or click the Export button in the Library module. …
- (Optional) Choose an export preset. …
- Specify a destination folder, naming conventions, and other options in the various Export dialog box panels. …
- (Optional) Save your export settings.
What is the best resolution to export from Lightroom for Instagram?
The recommended aspect ratios for Instagram are: 1080 x 1080 (1:1) for square photos. 1080 x 608 (1.91:1) for landscape-oriented photos. 1080 x 1350 (4:5) for portrait-oriented photos.
How do I upload high quality photos to Instagram?
How to upload high quality photos and videos on Instagram
- Open your Instagram settings.
- “Data Usage”
- Turn on “High-quality uploads”
Why won’t my photos Export from Lightroom?
Try resetting your preferences Resetting the lightroom preferences file – updated and see if that will let you open the Export dialog.
How do I Export from Lightroom without losing resolution?
Lightroom Export Settings for web
- Choose the location of where you want to export the photos. …
- Choose the file type. …
- Make sure ‘Resize to fit’ is selected. …
- Change the resolution to 72 pixels per inch (ppi).
- Choose sharpen for ‘screen’
- If you want to watermark your image in Lightroom you would do so here. …
- Click Export.