Select all the shapes you want to be a brush. Then, in your Brushes palette, click on the little arrow in the upper left, and select “New Brush.” You will get the option to choose 1 of 4 brush types. Choose “Art Brush” and click OK.
How do you make a brush stroke into a shape in Illustrator?
Use ‘Expand appearance’, which is right below the “Expand”. “Expand” command is not active once you select the stroke line. Then You will see both the expanded object and initial stroke line.
- Use ‘Expand appearance’, which is right below the “Expand”. …
- Then Ungroup the composite object (Shift+crtl+G / Shift+comd+G)
How do I make a custom calligraphic brush in Illustrator?
1. How to Make a Calligraphic Brush
- To start, create a New Document, select the Paintbrush Tool (B) and open the Brushes panel in Illustrator. …
- Select Calligraphic Brush (chances are it’s already selected) and hit OK.
- Let’s start with a very simple default-style brush.
How do you make an object into a shape in Illustrator?
An easy way to remedy that is to apply an effect. With a shape selected, choose Effect > Convert To Shape > choose a shape. You can always choose the type of shape in the Shape Options dialog box that appears.
How do you turn an object into a shape in Illustrator?
Convert an Illustrator layer into a shape layer
- Select the Illustrator layer to convert.
- Go to Layer > Create > Create Shapes from Vector Layer.
- Open and adjust the layer options for the newly created shape layer to take advantage of the unique animation possibilities provided by shape layers.