Clicking and holding with the Gradient Tool to set the start of the gradient. Holding Shift and dragging across the transition area between the image and the color. The image now fades into the color.
How do I fade an image in Photoshop?
What you learned: Create a smooth transition between images with a gradient mask
- Click the Add layer mask button in the Layers panel to add a layer mask to the active layer.
- Select the Gradient tool in the Toolbar.
- In the Options bar, choose the Linear gradient style.
How do I fade the color in a picture?
Select “Black, White” from the gradient toolbar and then click and drag your cursor from the point on your image where you want the fade effect to start to where you want it to end. For example, if you want to fade half of your image, click and drag the cursor from the bottom of the image to the middle of the image.
How do you fade out in Photoshop?
Immediately after using most tools or applying filters and adjustments, you can “fade” the changes you applied by going to Edit > Fade, or pressing Ctrl Shift F (Mac: Command Shift F). In the Fade window, you can reduce the opacity of the last adjustment, as well as change the blending mode.
How do I make a gradient fade in Photoshop?
First, let’s fade a photo into the background using a transparent gradient.
- Step 1: Add a New Layer. Open the photo you want to use in Photoshop. …
- Step 2: Add a Layer Mask. Select the layer that contains the photo. …
- Step 3: Add a Transparent Gradient. …
- Step 4: Fill the Background Layer.
Where is gradient tool in Photoshop?
The Gradient Tool Options toolbar appears near the top of your screen. On the Gradient Tool Options toolbar, from the Gradient Options pull-down list, select a gradient fill option. From the Preset Tools section, select a gradient fill.
How do you blend colors in Photoshop?
Learn How to Blend Colors in Photoshop
- Open Photoshop and Duplicate the Background Layer. …
- Select the Rectangular Marquee Tool. …
- Choose a Color and Select the Brush tool. …
- Choose the 2nd Color and Paint the Shape with Both Colors. …
- View the Shape with Isolated Colors. …
- Select the Mixer Brush Tool.
How do I fade two colors in Photoshop?
Try the gradient blend.
Select “gradient,” then click on the gradient bar at the top. Adjust the hues and values as desired. Select an area using the Lasso or Magic Wand tools, then apply the gradient by clicking and dragging. The result is a smooth transition between two colors.
How do I make a picture fade?
How to fade an image in 4 steps
- Upload a photo or drag-n-drop it to the editor in JPG or PNG format.
- Select the “Opacity” button from the menu bar above your image.
- Use the slider to reduce the picture’s opacity and create a fading effect.
How do I change the opacity of an image in Photoshop?
Select the desired layer, then click the Opacity drop-down arrow at the top of the Layers panel. Click and drag the slider to adjust the opacity. You’ll see the layer opacity change in the document window as you move the slider. If you set the opacity to 0%, the layer will become completely transparent, or invisible.