How do I make a white background transparent in gimp?
On a Mac:
- Open the image you wish to edit in GIMP.
- Select the “Select by Color” icon (three circles with a dotted box around the top circle) from the tool panel on the left-hand side.
- Select the part of the image you wish to delete.
- Go to “Edit,” then “Clear.”
- The background should now appear transparent.
How do you remove the background of a picture in gimp?
Remove Background Using Fuzzy Selection Tool
- Step1: Open Image. The first step is to open the image that we want to edit. …
- Step2: Add Alpha Channel. The Alpha channel is used for transparency. …
- Step3: Select the Fuzzy Select Tool. …
- Step4: Select the Background. …
- Step5: Delete Background. …
- Step6: Add New Background.
How do I remove the white background from an image?
Remove the background of a picture
- Select the picture that you want to remove the background from.
- Select Picture Format > Remove Background, or Format > Remove Background. …
- The default background area will be colored magenta to mark it for removal, while the foreground will retain its natural coloring.
How do I make a white background transparent?
You can create a transparent area in most pictures. Select the picture that you want to create transparent areas in. Click Picture Tools > Recolor > Set Transparent Color. In the picture, click the color you want to make transparent.
Does GIMP have a magic eraser tool?
Now switch to the Magic Wand tool. Make sure the mode is set to Add to the current selection. (Mode is on Toolbox palette, just below “Fuzzy select”.) Select all the parts that you want to erase by simply clicking in the area.
How do I make my background transparent for free?
Transparent Background Tool
Use Lunapic to make your image Transparent, or to remove background. Use form above to pick an image file or URL. Then, just click the color/background your want to remove.
How do I get rid of the background of a picture without losing quality?
How to Edit Photo Background without Quality Loss
- Step 1: Download Fotophire Editing Toolkit. …
- Step 2: Run “Photo Cutter” …
- Step 3: “Open…” Image. …
- Step 4: Edit Photo Background with No Quality Loss. …
- Step 5: PHOTOMONTAGE. …
- Step 6: Save your file.
How do I make an image transparent?
Make part of a picture transparent
- Click the picture that you want to create transparent areas in.
- Under Picture Tools, on the Format tab, in the Adjust group, click Recolor.
- Click Set Transparent Color, and then click the color in the picture or image that you want to make transparent. Notes: