What is illustration in Microsoft Word?
Illustrations Quick Reference
The Microsoft Illustrations group allows you to insert pictures, shapes, smart art, and charts into your document. These options will enhance the layout and appearance of your documents. Drawing Tools and Picture Tools tabs only appear when a graphic image is selected.
Where is Illustrations on word?
The first step to inserting pictures or drawings in Word is accessing the Illustrations icon group in the ribbon menu. As shown in Fig 4-1 above, the Illustrations icon group can be accessed by clicking on the INSERT tab just above the icons on the ribbon menu.
Can I draw in Microsoft Word?
You can draw freely in Microsoft Word using the “Draw” feature whether you have Word for Mac or Windows. You can also insert customizable shapes into your document, or draw using the “Scribble” feature. The process of drawing in Word varies based on which version of Word and device you’re using.
What are the three types of Illustrations in Microsoft Word document?
- Task Panes.
- Pictures …
- Organisation Charts.
- Drawing Canvas …
How do you make a fraction illustration in Word?
Microsoft Office 2010 and 2013:
- Place the cursor on the document where you would like to insert a fraction.
- Select “Insert” from the menu.
- Click on Equation in the upper right.
- Select fraction under the Equation Tools option.
- Choose which style fraction you want.
- Insert the numbers into the fraction boxes.
What are the steps on how do you format the same illustration?
To access the formatting menu, right-click on the shape or illustration, and select the option to format it at the very bottom of the menu that appears. Step 2. A formatting menu will then appear on the right side of your screen, giving access to advanced formatting options.
How do you insert a draw tab in Word?
Adding the Draw tab to the Ribbon
- Right-click the Ribbon and select Customize the Ribbon.
- Check the box next to Draw, then click OK.
- The Draw tab will now be available in the Ribbon.
How do I create a chart in Word?
To create a simple chart from scratch in Word, click Insert > Chart and pick the chart you want.
- Click Insert > Chart.
- Click the chart type and then double-click the chart you want. …
- In the spreadsheet that appears, replace the default data with your own information. …
- When you’ve finished, close the spreadsheet.
How do I create a schematic diagram in Word?
To create a diagram in a document
- Position the cursor in the document where you want to insert the diagram.
- Do either of the following to open the Choose a SmartArt Graphic dialog box: …
- In the left pane, select a type of diagram. …
- Click OK to insert the selected diagram at the cursor.
Why can’t I draw on word?
In Word, you must be in Print layout to draw with ink. If the Draw tab is grayed out so that you can’t select a pen, go the View tab and select Print Layout. ; then you can select a pen to draw with. Tap again to open the menu of Thickness and Color options for the pen.
How do you draw a freehand in Word?
Draw or edit a freeform shape
- On the Insert tab, in the Illustrations group, click Shapes.
- Under Lines, do one of the following: To draw a shape that has both curved and straight segments, click Freeform . …
- Click anywhere in the document, and then drag to draw. …
- To finish drawing the shape, do one of the following:
Where is the draw tool in Word?
It looks like this, and usually appears at the bottom of your window. If your Draw Tools are not showing, you can make them appear by pulling down the View menu, clicking on Toolbars and clicking on Drawing. Take a moment to look at the functions of the Draw Tools.
How do I put pictures side by side in Word?
Click and drag the first image to where you want it on the page. Release the mouse button. Click and drag the second image next to the first, where you want it to align. As the sides come close to each other, Word will automatically snap the second image into place next to the first.
How do I insert a picture in Word without moving text?
To insert an image into Word without moving any text is to set the image’s default wrapping to no wrapping before entering it into the document.
- Insert the photo.
- Right click the photo.
- Format the picture to “WRAP” the text.
What other kind of images or materials can be inserted in a Word document?
Answer: Depending on the version of Word or Outlook you’re using, you can insert a variety of objects (such as PDF files, Excel charts or worksheets, or PowerPoint presentations) into a Word document or an email message by linking or embedding them. To insert an object, click Object on the Insert tab.